Tuesday, May 11, 2010

King Kong (2005)

The newest remake of King Kong definitely blows the original King Kong (1933) right out of the water with its epic battle sequences and stunning special effects. Peter Jackson was able to portray a much stronger connection between Ann and Kong, which I felt was significantly beneficial to the movie's plot. Because of this twist however, I did not feel as if there was a strong enough connection between Ann and Jack, which played a large role in the 1933 original. Also, a change in Kong's personality was also incredibly evident. This, I believe, made the movie much more interesting as it allowed you more access to the depths of Kong's head rather than viewing him as a savage monster gorilla. Despite the incredible difference, I am very impressed by how far film making has come in such a short time and how the innovative techniques from back then are simple child's play now. To sum it all up, I thoroughly enjoyed King Kong (2005), especial considering I didn't have to hear Fay Wray screaming every two seconds.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your point that the relationship between Ann and Jack was downplayed. i felt that kong deserved the girl by the end of the movie, after all he had more game then jack

    ReplyDelete