Sunday, May 23, 2010

Psycho Response

Psycho is not a movie to be watched by people with shower-related phobias or individuals uncomfortable sleeping in motels. I was astounded at how well Psycho was put together and how even the smallest details added to the overall eeriness of the plot. Before watching Psycho, I never would've thought that a movie made that long ago would still be able to make me jump. The creepy sound effects and even creepier Norman Bates are enough to leave anyone feeling a bit uneasy. This movie really did push the limits of what was acceptable in the 1960s. The film's shower scene is surely disturbing enough to stack up to the horror movies of today. Watching this film gave me a higher respect for classic horror films and even now, days after finishing it, I still feel completely mind****ed by the movie's final twist when Norman Bate's split personality is finally revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment